Maze Tuition Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Statement
Maze Tuition acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and DBS requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. All children:
- Have a positive and enjoyable experience at Maze Tuition in a safe and child centred environment.
- Are protected from abuse whilst participating in the activity provided by Maze Tuition.
Maze Tuition acknowledges that some children, including disabled children, young children, or those from ethnic or other minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Maze Tuition will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern.
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals.
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
This policy and the procedures will be widely promoted and mandatory for everyone involved in Maze Tuition. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
This policy will be reviewed a year from development and then every year three years or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance.
- As required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board and Maze Tuition
- As a result of any significant change or event.